Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"No wonder our perception of beauty is distorted"

Do you remember this video? I wonder what happened to it? Probably in a vault, safe away from public along with Tyra Banks "Kiss my fat A**" episode.


I have given up on changing other's perception of beauty until... three days ago a little girl said "look mom she's so pretty" && she was pointing at me.  For the first time in my life, I thought I was going to cry from that comment.  The little girl had to be at least three; At three, I was surrounded by Barbies, dolls, & movies that showed me one type of beauty.  The fact that she is surrounded by those same influences and more and she still has ability to define what's beautiful in her eyes, shows me we are somewhat growing as a society. In that moment, I really thought to myself "yes, my children won't be as screwed up as I thought they would be."

0 comments: