Sunday, May 9, 2010

French Glamour---> "Everyday" Plus Size



I get so tired of hearing... those aren't "real" plus size women, when women are referring to the women categorized in magazines and ads as plus size. Obviously, I wasn't the only one hearing these complaints (&&thinking them to myself), and French Glamour's June cover girls are "real" plus size models. From what I've seen, they aren't using the usual clean cut classic fashion choices for the models either... they are actually using items that are trendy & classic. I wish US magazines would do this! In the magazines i've seen thus far with plus size fashion, it's usually the classic imperial waist dresses, wide leg jeans & jacket, etc... Don't get me wrong classic items are a MUST, but I want to see trendy & fashion forward pieces/ideas for women who look like me. TRUST me I know everything that's trendy &/or fashion forward, isn't for everyone (for example, i wouldn't be caught dead in the harem pant nor the carrot pant trend... too short and thick-thighed for that). I just want plus size women to see that they can wear more than just this plain jane items. I can ramble on forever... so basically i'm saying THANK YOU FRENCH GLAMOUR.(&&& US mags ... take notes)

0 comments: