Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Latest Love--Military

In these last lovely, humid, and extreme hot months, I've been obsessing over the military fashion trend.  When I say military, I DO NOT mean literally camo from head to foot, but the colors and the cuts.  I have been in love with this Marc Jacobs ensemble ever since his Spring 2010 fashion show! I am a layer-holic, I will layer and layer until I'm about to pass out & then throw a belt on it to showcase my small waist.  Obviously, this is the reason why this outfit screamed to me.  I love the idea of the skirt, it would be gorgeous dress if it had a bodice on top, and a tad but longer.  I've also been looking for a dress the color of this jacket && finally found one, at Lane Bryant, but I have to get it cut a good 6 inches because the length isn't flattering on me at all. 


Military-inspired fashion isn't just a trend, some of the pieces are essential, and the fact that most are made in basic/neutral colors is an added bonus. For example,  a jacket can be layered as pictured above or worn with a pair jeans or shorts, screen tee, cami, or depending on how thin it is, it could be worn as a "shirt" just throw a belt on it. (watch out for proportions) 

0 comments: